Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Ubiquitous Post About Not Posting

It should be clear that the amount of time this blog has sat neglected that I don't often get around to doing any thing with this micro-speck of the internet.

Just like all wanna be bloggers I plead "life gets in the way."

That being said, there is more to the story...

When I began this blog and my on-line presence, I had a clear vision and a clear plan. I needed this to be a certain thing, with a certain feel and a certain purpose.

What happened?

LIFE

My compass got thumped like a board game spinner. Thankfully, the compass is now beginning to settle in and True North is now a whole lot more certain.

Which is why I can come off the slightly formal and decidedly impersonal tone that has been the scant few entries of this blog.

The direction I'm heading, while still very swank and full of sparkle doesn't necessarily need to be so stuffy.

In my head, a decidedly strange place to be, the former direction I was pushing into played on the formal part of the carnival I so love. And love it I do. But it lacked the voice of my favorite part...the humor and wit.

Now don't get me wrong, I can be formal. I love formal. Manners and tradition and all. I know which fork to use and how to hold my pinky when I drink tea. But snarky, biting wit comes more naturally and I have a feeling that I'm going to be able to blog more if I don't have to worry so much about fancy.

Let's see if I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment